NastyGal - SENDING DAMAGED ITEMS TO PASS AS NEW

12 of 26 NastyGal reviews

I have been a loyal NastyGal customer for about 4 years now. The customer service has never been great but in the past year it seems that as they grow bigger their customer service is of their least of their concern. It seems to me and from other reviews I have read on here that Nastygal’s quality control is at a low point. I ordered a pair of Jeffrey Campbell beige leather booties. When I opened them in the box it was clear that the shoes had been worn. There was a large stain on the front of the shoe and a number of noticeable scuffs everywhere. It looks to me as if someone had spilled something on the shoe and a girl in shipping decided to clean the stain with a chemical and it looked “good enough” to send to a customer as new. Naturally I contacted their customer service live chat (which is the biggest waste of time – but that is another story) and was re-directed to their email service with no information whatsoever. I received back from Jennifer D “Hello,

Thank you for getting back to us. I have issued you a return label so you can return the item and be refunded. Please note the label will work for UPS only.

Please let us know if we can assist you further.

Jennifer D. “

Where is the apology for their mistake?

Where is the offer to what other options I have?

Offering me store credit?

Offering me to send a new one in the same size?

No where.

Now it is up to me to take my time to PRINT the label, PACK the items, DRIVE to ups to ship the item back because of NASTYGAL’S mistake for sending a defective item. Then WAIT for my refund (which took 15+ business days last time, which by reading the previous reviews, I am considered “lucky” to have even gotten it back.)

The clothes are cool and trendy but it seems as if the customer service representatives think that having helpful considerate customer service is not. I guess it’s not “cool” or “trendy” to apologize for a mistake at this company. Bottom line: I do NOT and will not recommend buying from NastyGal. You may not have an issue with them now like I did in the past, but sooner or later you will if you continue to shop there. To me, the items are not worth the stress and dealing with their terrible customer service. Sending the shoes back will mean they will try to rip off some other customer by sending it to them trying to pass it as “new.”

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
12 of 26 NastyGal reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.